Jor Jazzar's Prophylactic Discourses

This web log has been written for your protection. It endeavors to be a fun and imaginative journey in words (inwards?) cutting through the rest of that baloney they try to feed you all the time. If used properly, you just might forget about your worries and escape for a little while to a nether-world of make believe. I hope to see you there.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Nebuchadnezzar has always been one of my favorite words. I really like the way it hinges around the middle syllable 'kud'. It's almost palindromic in its sound. And it's the smallest distance--a mere iota--away from "Nebudchadnebba", which reminds me of my probably misheard and mispronounced eighties song lyric which sound to me like it goes "sarah-kah-sarah" at the end of one of its lines. Also, for me, it sounds like "s-erica-sarah" and "sarah-kuh-sarah" at the same time, bringing a strange and special delight, but also some confusion.

It is the sensitivity to this (and other language tricks) which facilitates its synthesis in writing.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger - said...

You're tagged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home