Jor Jazzar's Prophylactic Discourses

This web log has been written for your protection. It endeavors to be a fun and imaginative journey in words (inwards?) cutting through the rest of that baloney they try to feed you all the time. If used properly, you just might forget about your worries and escape for a little while to a nether-world of make believe. I hope to see you there.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Super-Cool Tool Library in Berkeley

It's been a while since I've posted something here.

Well, I've finally got something worth posting. It's a tool library. That's right. A tool library--in Berkeley. Residents and owners of property in Berkeley are eligible to borrow up to 10 tools at a time from this library: http://berkeleypubliclibrary.org/tool/

I think this is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. I mean, this could be a great community resource almost anywhere. If I were a rich man, that's what I'd do--endow a library with a collection of books...AND TOOLS!!! Talk about building community! I'm excited about this.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jor,

What area of Harrisburg are you in? I'm in Camp Hill and I'm also interested in starting a tool library.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jor Jazzar said...

Hi Joe,

If you're still out there, thanks for commenting. To answer your question, I live in New Cumberland.

Jor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home