Jor Jazzar's Prophylactic Discourses

This web log has been written for your protection. It endeavors to be a fun and imaginative journey in words (inwards?) cutting through the rest of that baloney they try to feed you all the time. If used properly, you just might forget about your worries and escape for a little while to a nether-world of make believe. I hope to see you there.

Friday, August 19, 2005

One Hundred Years Ago, Here

Sitting on our side balcony--drunk and things--I couldn't help but wonder, what did this look like one hundred years ago. I tossed it around in my drunken state, until I was fairly fixed upon it--'nough to come in here and write about it.

So, based on what little I know about the time period--and the even less I know about this time period--I shall construct a musing or two.

Out the side door, on the second floor, onto our balcony (me and my roommate being "business" partners--if 'n' ya catch my drift {that's southern melodrama tossed into some northern exposure, hopin' you don't mind [wait a second, don't be misinterpretatin' what I just said 'bout bein' 'business' partners an' all (how else could two fellas co-habitate back then?)]}) we spied in the southwestern direction a portion o' the Susquehanna Valley in its low and bent sweep. It was easy to see with the small town between us and it--the greater expanse of the town being tilled on all sides with farms and neighboring towns.

I don't know, Man. I just see these things. **Raspberry**



© 2005 George Czar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home